Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read.

 Expected publication: March 6th 2012

Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything begins to change when she turns sixteen. Along with her best friend Dante and their quiet and brilliant classmate Lance, she is awarded a prestigious internship in the big city— Chicago—and is sent to live and work at a swanky and stylish hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous and shockingly young-looking strangers: powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit.

     As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers a network of secret passageways from the hotel’s jazz-age past that leads her to the heart of the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel?

     Illuminate is an exciting saga of a teen’s first taste of independence, her experience in the lap of luxury, and her discovery she may possess strength greater than she ever knew.

At first the description did not seem to fit the kinda books I read. But then that one line "they're in the business of selling souls." hooked me. Not to mention Anna over at Literary Exploration  egging me along to read it sooner so we can chat about it ;) It's currently on my shelf, begging for attention. And it will get it soon. !

What are you waiting on this wednesday!? Have a blog post? Share it in the comments so I can drop on by! :)

8 comments:

  1. I hope this one is a great read, despite the cliche things people have been saying about it. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to look at too many reviews before I read a book >.< then I get all nitpicky lol. But I have heard good things by word of mouth so far! guess we will find out when I get to it lol

      Delete
  2. This one looks interesting. I love the 1920's jazz age stuff, so the historical parts could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read too many historicals.. so that's what I am actually worried about! we shall see how it goes lol

      Delete
  3. You are seriously going to LOVE THIS ONE! I promise, it's fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really excited to read this, it looks amazing and the cover is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! some serious cover love going on here :) the shadow *wings* and the wonderful swirls around the title!

      Delete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !