Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Author Event: Kimberly Derting

My Tuesday night was full of ups and downs, But overall still AWESOME because I got to meet great people and talk about books :)

To start the night off myself and some other bloggers and Author Lisa Burstein were to meet up for coffee and chatting! ... Well.. They did.. I got epicly lost with my friend and got there with only like 5 mins left >.< But I got to say Hi to Lisa and she gave me these great bookmarks : )



I don't read many contemporaries, But she is an Oregon author, and super fun! So.. I WILL be reading this one soon :) They actually released it like 3 weeks early on B&N.com and Amazon !
I hope I get to chat with her more! There is talk of planning a book club or simple get together every now and then :) Really hope so cause I need more in person book talks! 

Then we all headed over to Powells :) I got to sit and chat more with Vy from Vy's Blog Candace from Candace's Book Blog Sarah from Novel Novice and Mel from A Shot in The Arm. I loved meeting these lovely ladies! I really hope we get to meet up more soon! Go check out their awesome blogs!


I then saw Mel chatting it up with a familiar face . Walked over all shy like to say and and of course - Hello Kimberly Derting! Then -after double checking so I didn't make a fool of myself, walked up to Colleen Houck ( author of The Tigers Curse ) to say a "um" filled hello >.< I wanted to get to chat with her more! But we kinda got kicked out early due to the power shorting out haha.. that was special. 


Kimberly got up to talk and goodess, she made us all laugh so much! In fact my friend that came with me said multiple times through her laughter " She is adorable!" lol 


Much of the talk was focused around the Body Finder series. Which sadly, I haven't read :( But I did find out some fun facts for you :) 

One Of the weirdest things Kimberly has ever googled for her book is : How hard you have to saw/hack to get through someones leg!

She says she keeps expecting law enforcement to show up at her door if they ever check out all her searches. 

Her favorite book is what she calles " The Murder Book " which is filled with all kinds of gore! Crime scene footage, autopsy stuff and more. Apparently she asked her Husband for it for their anniversary. He said no, 
but she eventually got it for Christmas



The "flower" you see on the Cover of The Body Finder, is actually a cloth creation, and was originally intended for another book! Can you guess? I did! 

Wings by Aprilynne Pike! 
It was meant to represent the MC ( Laurel )'s wings in the story. 
But I have to say , I love the switch up! 

OH Also- For those who did not know it The Last Echo is NOT the last in the Body Finder Series. Just kind of an unfortunate title that wasn't realized till after the fact haha. #4 in the series has already been written, And Kimberly says she can even picture more in the future!



Last but not least I have decided we need to get Kimberly some of those Shower/bathtub Crayons :) She mentioned that she comes up with ideas in the most inconvenient of places! Such as In the Shower or Driving - Well Kimberly, partial problem solved! 

After much fun and chatting, There was a *POP* ... and the lights went out >.< 
They did not come back on. 

We all got in line and got our books signed in the dark! 

I got a gorgeous Last Echo bookmark and Nail polish! 

 The Employees proceeded to .. kick us out early... super sad face.. I mean.. I get it. But They were pretty much like " get your books signed and go" :( 

BUT I had a great time still and would do it all again! 

 
 NorthWestern Bloggers!! --- and little bookworms to be ;) 

Oh side note, The infinity scarf I am wearing was decorated by my sister, 
and it has one of my favorite quotes on it! 
" Anyone who says they have only one life to live, must not know how to read!"




12 comments:

  1. Yay! I loved meeting you guys and thanks for posting my pretty bookmarks!
    Lisa Burstein
    Pretty Amy in stores May 15th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I not! They make me wish I had a big event to go to so I could dress up again lol

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the lights... So not fair! But looks like you had fun, and I, of course, love your scarf... I'll have to bug your sis for one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I love hearing author signing stories. Wow, I've never heard of nail polish as swag before.

    That looks like an awesome scarf, does your sis have an Etsy ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! But I think it's super cool :) especially when the cover has such distinct and gorgeous colors !!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, you lucky thing!!! The polish is gorgeous, and I bet you had a super time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great meeting you! And it was loads of fun even with the lights out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a great time, you little Bookworm you! lol Sounds like you had a joyful time, meeting fellow bloggers and awesome authors. Next time, I'll have to meet up with you! And I hope the lights don't go out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. Great story! I'm so jealous; it seems as if you had a lot of fun. Nice goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post! Darn electrical failure cutting your fun bookish times short.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! I've been hearing some great thins about Pretty Amy, and definitely need to read it. That nail polish color looks awesome, I want it!! It sucks that they kicked you out like that, but at least you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! That event was so much fun and it was really nice to meet you, hopefully we'll meet again at a time where there will be more time to talk. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !