Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine
that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

 Allison O'Malley just graduated from college. Her life's plan is to get a job and take care of her schizophrenic mother. She doesn't have room for friends or even Ethan, who clearly wants more.

When Allison's long-lost father shows up, he claims he can bring her mother back from the dark place her mind has sent her. He reveals legends of a race of people long forgotten, the Tuatha de Danaan, along with the truth about why he abandoned her mother.

Expected publication: May 15th 2013










I have really been wanting to get into ready New Adult books. I feel like I would connect with them more. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE YA books, and will continue to read them. But I am not a teen anymore, and I would love to follow characters my own age.. and maybe not feel like a cradle robber when I swoon over 17 yr old guys >.< But I have been waiting.. waiting to find one that was NOT contemporary! and Finally.... there may be hope! I can't wait to see what Laura Howard has to offer with her writing :) But if it's anything like that gorgeous cover? I can't wait!

Have you read any YA sci-fi or fantasy books that I should be aware of?! Share in the comments! 

3 comments:

  1. This one sounds pretty good! This is the first book I've seen that incorporates the Tuatha, so it's definitely peaking my interest. I have to agree with you though, I do feel weird swooning over YA guys now...lol. Great pick

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! That's cool! I feel like this is the first ever not-contemporary NA. O.o I'll be keeping an eye on this one! Great pick!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for NA! I'm curious to see what people of that age range think of NA. It's becoming pretty popular :). I also kinda wonder if bloggers will be reading more NA than YA. The blog looks so great Michelle! Love the new design!

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !